Hawaii Personal Injury Resources
Hilo personal injury lawyer Louis P. Mendonca provides selected internet resources designed to assist personal injury victims and their families. Please note that these resources are links to government and non-profit websites and are provided for informational purposes only.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident or as a result of the wrongful act of another person, you probably have many unanswered questions. Louis P. Mendonca, Attorney at Law is here to help you and offers a free, no obligation consultation. Contact our office today to speak with a Hilo accident lawyer with over 20 years of experience helping accident victims and their families.
Selected Hawaii Courts and Legal Resources
- The Hawaii State Judiciary website provides general legal information, including information on courts, rules, forms, and legal resources, including the Hawaii State Law Library online.
- Hawaii Rules of Court website contains the court rules for the Hawaii Supreme Court
- The Legislative Reference Bureau Library offers access to Hawaii court opinions and laws
- The Kelley Blue Book can help you determine the “fair market value” for damaged vehicle replacement
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website has useful information on recent vehicle models regarding collision, injury, and theft loss
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration offers information and statistics on bus and truck crashes, fatalities, and injuries
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Commission has information on laws, regulations, product recalls and traffic safety
Motorcycle Accident Resources
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website provides resources in an effort to reduce motorcycle and vehicle crashes, prevent injuries, and protect lives
- You’ll find data on vehicle and motorcycle safety at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website
- The Motorcycle Safety Foundation is a non-profit organization with state laws and safety research information regarding motorcycles
Burn, Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Victim Resources
- The United States Burn Support Organization website provides information and support for burn victims and their families
- The American Burn Association website offers information, education and advocacy for anyone affected by a burn injury
- The Brain Injury Association of America offers support, education, and information for TBI victims and their families
- The National Rehabilitation Information Center provides information on rehabilitation for brain injury and spinal cord injury victims
- The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation’s Paralysis Resource Center (PRC) promotes the health and well-being of people living with a spinal cord injury, mobility impairment, and paralysis by providing comprehensive information, resources and referral services
- The Hawaii Disability Rights Center is the dedicated Protection and Advocacy system for Hawaii’s 180,000 residents with disabilities
- Hawaii Centers for Independent Living helps people with disabilities find solutions for independent living